http://www.talkleft.com
http://www.powerlineblog.com
TalkLeft was mainly statistical in their posts, supporting Senator Obama with numbers rather than position. Their blog was short, but to the point. Their title entitled "Post Debate Polls: Obama Wins" left me intrigued. Looking at their sources, I wasn't surprised to find "liberals in denial" news stations CNN and CBS as their sources. It was a good blog for their audience and their purposes.
Shifting to Power Line, they were first to admit that Senator Obama succeeded in winning the visual debate, but were quick to defend Senator McCain by referencing his age as a disadvantage to Obama's aggression. It was clear that they still supported McCain but gave debate victory to Obama. McCain had a better handle on "economy" where Obama had "vocabulary".
Personally while looking at the two sources, TalkLeft was doing a celebrated happy dance of sorts while Power Line attempted to state fact of McCain's defeat while not turning overly biased and sour.

2 comments:
Hey, I know this has nothing to do with the blog I am leaving a comment on, but I wanted to let you know that I addressed you in my latest blog entry "Minorities and Preschool." I basically answered a question that you left me in the previous blog.
I plan to address all minority groups in my research essay, not just one. :)
Post a Comment